Trelew is a small town founded by settlers in the greater Puerto Madryn area.
Trelew, a name of Welsh origin meaning “people of Lew” in honor of Lewis Jones, a pioneer of Welsh colonization in Chubut.
The city is located 25 km from the mouth of the Chubut River, 20 km from Rawson and 1436 km south of Buenos Aires.
It is an unremarkable mid-size city. Trelew has been, historically, capital city of the region called the lower valley of Chubut River on the Atlantic coast. It develops, at present, an important industrial, economic and financial activity, for what it is, therefore, the distribution center of goods and services, communications and transportation hub north-south, east-west, linking the various regions of the province and the rest of the country.
Airport: Travel to Capital City Buenos Aires Cities in Argentina